all about Limonene
If you’re looking for a real eye opener that will help you stay alert and focused, then strains high in limonene are right up your alley. Limonene also boasts many therapeutic properties with some people reporting improved energy levels, mood, and creativity.
If a strain is listed as a sativa and has a name that mentions citrus fruits, you’re on the right track. These citrusy strains are often a good match if you’re looking for something that will keep you nice and stoney without inducing couch-lock.
- Limonene is highly concentrated in lemons
- Lemon essential oil is commonly used in aroma therapy for mood elevation
- Limonene is common in a lot of household cleaners
- Energy Level
DO NOT DELETE OR EDIT
- Citrus oil and MgCl2 as antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agents – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Limonene suppresses lipopolysaccharide-induced production of nitric oxide, prostaglandin E2, and pro-inflammatory cytokines in RAW 264.7 macrophages – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Odour of limonene affects feeding behaviour in the blowfly, Phormia regina – PubMed (nih.gov)